News & Media
Holidays and crime
It is this time of the year where most people are going away on holiday for a well deserve rest and spending time with their families and loved ones.
While this is the case, criminals do not rest and will take advantage and crime levels will sore. A few precautionary measures could be put in place for your peace of mind.
- Should there be an alarm system check with your alarm company that the alarm is in working order and no previous damage from lightning strikes/thunderstorms.
- Lock expensive items like jewellery/iPad in a safe away from plain sight.
- Cancel any newspaper subscriptions for the time of your planned holiday.
- Arrange with friends/neighbours to look after your house from time to time to see if everything in and around the house is still save and in place.
- Make sure all ladders or garden equipment is put away which can aid burglars to break into your house.
- Don’t leave messages on your cell phone or answering machine at home that you will be away during a specific period.
- Leave contact details with your neighbour or friends should they need to make contact with you for an emergency.
- Make sure all sliding doors has an extra safety pin should there be no safety door in place.
- Should you be travelling overseas make sure you have adequate travel insurance in place for any unforeseen circumstances.
May you have a peaceful Christmas and lots of happy memories.
061 779 3303